Each omosa house piece is crafted from a curated set of materials selected to be low-maintenance, high-quality, and sustainably and ethically sourced.
- Are manufactured with 100% solid hardwood. In addition to the beauty of the natural wood grain, solid wood has no harmful chemicals or off-gassing compared to materials like particleboard, maintains its integrity in any climate, and won’t blister or peel like veneers or laminates.
- Use our proprietary Nicia Oil Finish. This plant-based finish gives a beautiful durability to each piece
- Use water-based adhesives
- Use European leather produced with best-in-industry tanning practices to reduce environmental impact
- Are made without formaldehydes
- Are design-compliant with all US safely standards
Our fabric options are...
- Durable – tested above and beyond the minimums for rubbing, pilling, staining, and burning
- Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 Certified – free of all chemicals that could be harmful for human health
- REACH Compliant - REACH is a regulation of the European Union, adopted to improve the protection of human health and the environment from the risks that can be posed by chemicals (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals)
- Kid + pet friendly – extremely tightly woven to prevent snags and tears
See details on each material we use...
hardwood + bamboo | fabric | leather | steel | sintered marble